An All-terrain vehicle (ATV) is an example of a light vehicle used mainly for sports involving four-wheelers and quad bikes. While outdoor camping, accessing different areas may be challenging, especially in a car. Rough terrain or unmarked trails may be challenging for your vehicle to maneuver.
Therefore, opting to take up an ATV is an excellent idea as it is one of the most efficient for recreation purposes. One main advantage is the ease of access in different areas that may be dangerous for you to access with your car. The various ATV models can work well in muddy spaces as they are extremely powerful and comfortable to work around all day. Specialized treads allow it to easily move in off-road terrains, something your car may have a problem engaging in.
Outdoor experiences are only memorable when you have enough time to explore the surrounding areas. With your car, this may be limited due to muddy terrains or extremely rough roads. Height may also be a hindrance; in bushy areas, your car may not access the trails, and thus, an ATV is an effective solution.
Therefore, if you have mounted a rooftop tent in your vehicle, you may want to consider having an ATV around for maximum exploration around the areas. Camping experiences are specially built on such events where you have the opportunity to explore the surroundings.
Table of Contents
Here is an overview of the best ATVs for camping
What can you use the ATV for when camping?
You can use the ATV in different ways:
- Exploring. Many campers use ATVs to explore their surroundings. They are mostly used to reach the spaces that cars cannot reach. Thus, for your outdoor camping event, you may consider taking an ATV to help you fully maneuver new terrains and explore.
- Winching. The ATV winch is an effective tool that can support the haul, drag, or pull of heavy equipment or even fellow ATVs. Therefore, it plays an important role, especially when working around muddy terrains or rough areas; an ATV winch may be the best tool for you. The ATV presents a convenient option when trying out new trails.
- Hauling heavy materials. When looking to transport heavy materials like logs for your campfire, an ATV can come in handy. You could haul your logs or hunt meat with ease towards your car. Thus, having or working around a certain area for longer periods is easier. A significant advantage is that your car and the rooftop tent do not have to be dismantled or moved. You, therefore, don’t have to worry about getting your car into rough trails.
Reasons ATVs are handy in camping
Various characteristics make ATVs very handy and effective in camping. They include:
- All-terrain. This indicates their effectiveness; they can get your job done in any terrain. Therefore, having it while camping is a huge advantage because of the ease of movement. Therefore, whether it is rocky surfaces, muddy or steep terrain, and even uneven surfaces that may give your car a huge problem, the ATVs can smoothly pass through.
- Simple maintenance. Unlike a car, which you must thoroughly check before starting your journey or avoid certain trails to keep in good shape, the ATV is built differently. It has a simple mechanical component which should not give you a hard time trying to assemble or repair it when need be. Some ATVs can also be customized according to your preference setting them apart from cars. Thus, they come in handy in camping because of their simple nature.
- Handling. They are often easy to handle, especially on uneven ground. Where cars may be very hard to control, ATVs can easily move in different terrains and with good control, allowing you to have a pleasant experience and reach different places, even crowded spaces.
- Versatility. Despite being used in off-road terrains for long periods, four-wheeler ATVs are well-known for their versatility. They can serve you for several years while offering you the best experience through challenging grounds. Apart from camping, they can also be helpful in your home or farms.
Four-wheeler advantages over a motorcycle
Four-wheeler ATVs and motorcycles are popular for camping because they are easy to navigate off-road. However, they have differences that you may want to consider before making a decision. Some of them include the following:
- Terrain capability: ATVs stand out because of how they are built. Motorcycles can handle various terrains, but the ATVs’ maximum traction across the different tracks is exceptional. Therefore, a great choice if you are considering going to unknown terrains.
- Speed. It is without a doubt that no ATV can keep up with a motorcycle. They are built for speed and great agility; therefore, ATVs cannot match up.
- Comfortability. The ATV offers a natural seating position that can be comfortable while riding compared to a motorcycle. You will have to avoid comfort and focus on control and riding skills.
Both are good options for you, but you must identify your camping purpose. If you are looking for deep thrill and action, you may consider the motorcycle for some off-road fun. However, an ATV is your option if you are looking for a comfortable ride.
Best way to transport the ATV to the campground?
Transport is another crucial aspect that you have to consider before moving or traveling towards your camping site. Considering that your car or trailer has a rooftop tent mounted at the top, you will have to look for different alternatives. You could attach a small trailer to house the ATV. This way, it is still secure, and you can move around easily.
This convenient approach ensures your ATV is protected, and you do not have to worry about its security. You can find trailers through different online stores that come affordably. Having a used car trailer is also an option that is also cheaper and more convenient. Sites such as eBay can come in handy. Check with reliable sources to get quality delivery and also trailers.
What is important when choosing the right ATV for your next camping trip?
Some of the factors you will have to include the following:
- Location. This is essential as it prepares you for what to expect. Read and research about the terrains and what is the best way to approach camping in such an area. Make your camping adventure fruitful by choosing a location that can best serve you.
- Specific use. Depending on the activities planned out, you should determine the purpose of the ATV before buying it. You could be choosing for reasons such as racing or carrying loads. Therefore, look for one with features aligned with your goal while camping.
- Protective gear. Identify the location where you want to go camping and pick convenient gear. Terrains may also change over different periods; therefore, even considering the ATV, you will use, be sure to consider the protective gear for your safety.
The best ATVs for your camping trip
If you are still looking for a good four-wheeler to accompany you on your next camping trip, then we have some great recommendations for you here.
We have selected a few ATVs from different price ranges and sizes. You will definitely find the right model for your budget or purpose here!
Massimo Motor GKD200
The M Massimo Motor 169CC GKD200 Go Kart is an affordable and reliable ATV that is perfect for beginners and experienced riders. With a top speed of 30mph, this four-wheeler is great for exploring trails or cruising around the neighborhood.
It has a hydraulic suspension system that ensures a smooth ride, while the electric start makes it easy to get going. The GKD200 also features a 10-liter fuel tank, making it ideal for longer rides. So whether you’re looking for a fun way to get around or a reliable workhorse for your farm, the M Massimo Motor GKD200 is perfect.
Massimo Buck 250X
The Massimo Buck 250X is a four-seater UTV/golf cart with a roof, windshield, and 2WD. It is available in red color.
This UTV/golf cart has a maximum speed of 25 mph and can travel up to 45 miles on a single charge. It has a 250cc four-stroke engine and features an electronic fuel injection system. In addition, the Buck 250X has four-wheel independent suspension, front and rear disc brakes, and LED headlights. It has three low-side doors featuring the utility door and is operated by the rear turn signal on the handlebars.
The Massimo Buck 250X is great for a powerful and durable ATV or four-wheeler. It offers good value for money and is backed by a 12-month guarantee.
X-PRO 125cc ATV
The X-PRO 125cc ATV is an affordable, powerful four-wheeler perfect for recreational and competitive riders. With a 125cc engine, this ATV can reach up to 35 miles per hour, making it great for exploring off-road trails or racing on the track.
The X-PRO also comes equipped with large 19″/18″ tires that provide superior traction and stability and a durable steel frame that can handle rough terrain. Plus, with its easy-to-use automatic transmission and reverse gear, this ATV is easy to operate, even for beginners. So, whether you’re looking for a fun way to explore the great outdoors or a reliable race machine, the X-PRO 125cc ATV is the best option.
Massimo Motor Buggy Quicksand
The M Massimo Motor GKM 125cc go-kart is an incredible vehicle for youth and kids aged 16. It features an electric start engine, automatic transmission with reverse, and a top speed of 30mph. This go-kart also comes with a 6-month warranty, making it a great choice for those looking for an affordable and reliable four-wheeler.
This go-kart has a powerful 125cc engine capable of reaching speeds up to 30mph. It also features an automatic transmission with reverse, making it easy to maneuver and drive. The go-kart also comes with a 6-month warranty, making it a great choice for those looking for a reliable and affordable four-wheeler.
The Massimo T-Boss Four-wheeler/ATV is a perfect option for those looking for an affordable and efficient ATV. It features a powerful 500cc engine, four-wheel drive, and a dump bed that makes it perfect for hauling cargo or landscaping materials.
In addition, the windshield and hardtop keep you protected from the elements, while the doors and winch make it easy to get in and out of tough spots. The T-Boss also comes with a one-year warranty, so you can be confident in its quality and performance.
If you are looking for a vehicle with which you can also cover longer distances in a relaxed manner, which is also suitable for off-road use, then you have come to the right place.
Best equipment, high-quality workmanship, and is suitable for your next camping trip.
X-PRO 200 ATV
The Massimo X-PRO 200 is a full-size ATV quad perfect for adults and big youth. It features a powerful 200cc engine capable of reaching speeds up to 35mph. The quad also has a spacious cargo area suitable t for carrying all your gear.
Additionally, the quad has front and rear racks, making it easy to transport your belongings. The X-PRO 200 also features a durable steel frame that can withstand even the roughest terrain. If you are looking for a powerful and affordable ATV quad, the Massimo X-PRO 200 is a perfect choice.
If you are looking for a relatively small and powerful quad for your next camping trip, this off-road quad is perfect for you.
With this quad, you can also reach the most remote routes during your camping trip!
Massimo MSA Full-Size ATV
The Massimo MSA Full-Size ATV is a great choice for those looking for a reliable and affordable four-wheeler. It’s powered by a 150cc gas engine and features a full-size body, making it perfect for adults and children.
The ATV also includes front and rear suspension, offering a smooth ride even on rough terrain. Additionally, this powerful ATV comes with a set of tools to make sure you’re always prepared for whatever the trail throws your way.
This ATV is simply indestructible and is also suitable for extreme off-road tours off the beaten track. An extremely powerful motor and an almost indestructible design.
This ATV is also suitable for hard work or touring!
You can get a very fruitful experience with ATVs; all you have to do is consider the different ways you will use the ATV and the location. Having your rooftop tent should not hinder you from transporting our ATV and enjoying yourself.
ATVs and four-wheelers are a lot of fun but can also be practical. If you’re in the market for one, it’s important to research the best option. We’ve provided seven great affordable options to get you where you need to go without breaking the bank.
These ATVs have their strengths and weaknesses, but all offer great value for the money. It depends on what you are looking for in an ATV and which one is the best fit for you. Whichever ATV you choose, you are sure to have hours of fun tearing up the trails on your next camping adventure trip.
Lastly, remember to be safe out there while handling the ATV; always remember to carry your protective gear.
Download Our Roof Top Tent Overview (PDF)
In this pdf file, we give you an overview of the most popular rooftop tents. You can download this PDF file for free and use it freely!