Incredibly famous around the world, Rooftop Tents have become the center of attraction among Adventurers, Off-roaders and Campers of the world. Rooftop Tents and the experience that comes with different types of them have exuberantly driven the passionate enthusiasts of Nature absolutely crazy. Rooftop Tents having types of qualities come in different sizes. Hence in a Rooftop Tent from a single person to a group of people can sleep comfortably and enjoy the nature surrounding them. This blog describes in detail how many persons can sleep in a Rooftop Tent and how many persons should sleep in a specific type of Rooftop Tent.
A Rooftop Tent is an easily moveable Camping Tent packed well in a box which mounts to the roof rack of a car. Each car has a rack on its roof which has compatibility with a specific type of a Rooftop Tent. Once that compatibility is ensured, the Rooftop Tent mounts easily to the rack and can be carried to anywhere one wants.
Rooftop Tents have become the incredible replacement of Ground Tents. Before a time, Campers would go out on tours with their Ground Tents suffering from alot of problems out there. The introduction of Rooftop Tents to International market of Adventure and Camping stuff revolutionized the concept of camping in the lap of nature. Rooftop Tents have made the camping even intact with nature, making it more peaceful and exciting.
Rooftop Tents provide more capacity and space than Ground Tents with awesomely promising facilities and luxuries one can literally imagine while camping in the lap of nature.
In specific, Rooftop Tents come in a number of sizes and are of different qualities available in the online market. Our brand is one of those who provide Rooftop Tents to the Campers’ community online.
There are Rooftop Tents which have capacity of one person or maximum two. And then there are Rooftop Tents which have greater capacities and provide space for four or five people depending on the sizes of these Tents.
To ensure the safety and joy both of the Campers who want to or already have Rooftop Tents and are planning a trip across the countryside, this blog factually sorts it out for them through research that how many persons can sleep in a Rooftop and how many exactly should sleep in a specific type of Rooftop Tent considering the capacity of it.
Types of Rooftop Tents
Rooftop Tents are made of different qualities, capacities and sizes as per the necessity of the Campers. The Amazon market of Rooftop Tents has vast availability of Rooftop Tents of almost every shape, size, model and design. This variety of designs, qualities and capacities makes it more interesting to have a Rooftop Tent which is exactly as per your need.
Hard-shell Rooftop Tents:
- Hard-shell Rooftop Tents are made up of high quality material to increase durability and safety.
- The roof and floor of Hard-shell Rooftop Tents are made up of Aluminum, Fiber Glass or any other hard plastic.
- The walls or sides of a Hard-shell Rooftop Tent are made up of soft and comfortable material such as nylon, fabric, canvas etc.
- Some Hard-shell Rooftop Tents are completely made up of bulk of Aluminum in the poles as well as floor and roof. Also, sometimes hard plastic is used due to which they are the hardest and safest Rooftop Tents.
- Hard-shell Rooftop Tents fold and unfold vertically in the box given with them.
- Hard-shell Rooftop Tents have low and better aerodynamic profile on car while driving. This makes it easier to drive the car as well as have a Rooftop Tent on the rack of the car.
- Hard-shell Rooftop Tents have better fuel economy because of low profile and do not affect the consumption of fuel much.
- Hard-shell Rooftop Tents are highly expensive but with all the benefits and facilities one literally can imagine in camping.
- Because of the material used in Hard-shell Rooftop Tents which is tough and in bulk that’s why these Rooftop Tents have relatively lower capacity and space than other tents.
- Hard-shell Rooftop Tents are genuinely for one person or maximum two. At a time a person or two can sleep in a Hard-shell Rooftop Tent.
- A Hard-shell Rooftop Tent has bedding for one person so another person can adjust to sleep on the mattress.
- In a Hard-shell Rooftop Tent which has single bedding and no extra mattress, second person cannot sleep in the Tent.
- More than two persons cannot sleep inside a Hard-shell Rooftop Tent sometimes if the Tent is only for one person strictly.
- In a Hard-shell Rooftop Tent more than two persons to sleep is dangerous because the Tent might break or fall off the rack as it has no capacity to host more than two persons.
- More than two persons sleeping in a Hard-shell Rooftop Tent can cause utter discomfort as well.
- Hard-shell Rooftop Tents come in top and latest designs models which are vastly liked by the adventurers around the world.
Soft-Shell Rooftop Tents:
- Soft-shell Rooftop Tents are made up of low quality and soft material to increase the capacity and space.
- Soft-shell Rooftop Tents are generally made up of Nylon, Polyester and Fabric and sometimes very rarely of Aluminum.
- Apart from expensive Soft-shell Rooftop Tents, none of them have bedding and mattress like Hard-shell Rooftop Tents.
- The Roof and Floor of a Soft-shell Rooftop Tent is made up of Polyester and Nylon.
- The sides are made of parachute, cloth fabric and sometimes of Nylon.
- Soft-shell Rooftop Tents have higher and poor aerodynamic profile creating trouble in driving on the road.
- The soft material used in the Soft-shell Rooftop Tent blows up because of the wind and sometimes it becomes impossible to carry it along the road on the roof rack.
- The folding and unfolding of a Soft-shell Rooftop Tent is a messy activity because of bigger size, poles and extra weight and takes a lot of time compared to Hard-shell Rooftop Tents.
- Soft-shell Rooftop Tents are not expensive and can be afforded by any regular or seasonal camper.
- Soft-shell Rooftop Tents have more capacity and space compared to Hard-shell Rooftop Tents.
- A random Soft-shell Rooftop Tent has the capacity to provide space to two persons minimum and four persons maximum.
- Bigger sized Soft-shell Rooftop Tents have more space and can host six persons at a time with the Annex.
- Soft-shell Rooftop Tents have more open space inside because of the absence of bedding, mattress and Anti-condensation Mat.
- Around two to four people can sleep in a Soft-shell Rooftop Tent provided that the comfort one might want will be compromised.
- In bigger Soft-shell Rooftop Tents six people can sleep as well but the whole point is of comfort which shall be skipped while camping in a Soft-shell Rooftop Tent.
- Soft-shell Rooftop Tents do not have many models and designs but the adventurers who are concerned with their leaking expense definitely like to own and enjoy the Soft-shell Rooftop Tents.
Rooftop Tents: Models and Designs
Some of the quality Rooftop Tents of latest models and designs that we provide with smile and passion to our lovely community of Adventurers are mentioned below. You may find the best Rooftop Tent as per your need or visit our Rooftop Tents category which has almost every type of Rooftop Tent based on peoples’ requirements and desires.
- Yakima SkyRise HD 2 Tent
- This is one of the awesome Soft-shell Rooftop Tents that we have produced for Campers who plan trips alone, with a friend or partner.
- Yakima SkyRise HD 2 Tent is perfect and amazing for a person or couple.
- At a time one or two persons can sleep maximum in Yakima SkyRise HD 2 Tent.
- Made up of top quality Polyester with Polyurethane coating on it, lighter in weight, low and better aerodynamic profile, this four-season Rooftop Tent has astoundingly left Adventurers smiling and excited out of joy who have tried it once.
- Thule Tepui Low-Pro 2 Tent
- Thule Tepui Low-Pro 2 Tent is one of the best Hard-shell Rooftop Tents provided by us.
- This incredibly strong and long-lasting Rooftop Tent is made up of Aluminum, Fiber Glass and Polyester.
- Providing space for two persons at a time, having low and better aerodynamic profile and lighter in weight, this three-season Hard-shell Rooftop Tent will be one of the safest Rooftop Tents for a couple or an alone person.
- Thule Tepui Explorer Autana 3 Tent
- Thule Tepui Explorer Autana 3 Tent is a durable Rooftop Tent bigger in size for as many as three people.
- This lovely designed Rooftop Tent is spacious as well as made of a combination of Aluminum and Polyester.
- This Rooftop Tent provides space to more people but is very light in weight.
- Thule Tepui Explorer Autana 3 Tent is the best Rooftop Tent for a smaller family or a group of friends.
- Thule Tepui Explorer Kukenam 3 Tent
- Thule Tepui Explorer Kukenam 3 Tent is another spacious and one of the best Rooftop Tents in cost.
- This bigger in size and well-made Rooftop Tent consists of Aluminum poles and Polyester material.
- Having good aerodynamic profile, more space and lower cost, this incredible Rooftop Tent is best for three persons at a time.
- A group of three friends or a small family can easily settle and sleep in this Rooftop Tent.
- Thule Tepui Explorer Autana 4 Tent
- Thule Tepui Explorer Autana 4 Tent is the biggest and most spacious Rooftop Tent of all we provide.
- This beautiful and big-sized Tent is made of Aluminum and Polyester.
- This incredible Tent provides space for sleep the least to four people.
- Possessing extra mattress, top quality material and plenty of space, this astoundingly awesome Rooftop Tent is perfect for a group of friends and bigger families.
- At a time four or a person more than that can sleep in a Thule Tepui Explorer Autana 4 Tent.
Suggestions and Precautions
- While buying a Rooftop Tent it is necessary to make sure it is compatible with the car’s roof rack.
- It is good to buy a bigger or a harder Rooftop Tent but it is vital to find out and consider car’s efficiency in terms of Fuel consumption as well as aerodynamic profile.
- Soft-shell Rooftop Tents are lighter in weight but blow up with the influx of harsh winds.
- Driving becomes difficult carrying off a bulky or a heavy Rooftop Tent.
- If you are concerned with comfort and relief, a spacious Rooftop Tent is perfect for you.
- For Campers who are short on budget may buy a less costly Rooftop Tent but the comfort and space within the Tent will not be like spacious and costly Tents.
- A mistake such as a small-sized Tent allowed for the use exceeding its capacity should never be done.
- It’s always in benefit to have a mattress with the Rooftop Tent.
- Anything which can be potentially harmful to the safety and material of the Rooftop Tent shall not be used or left inside the Tent carelessly.
- Using a Rooftop Tent on ground is the most common mistake one does especially thinking it is no different than the Ground Tent.
- Hard-shell Rooftop Tents are for camping in dangerous and unexplored areas as they are highly protective, strong and safe.
- Soft-shell Rooftop Tents are spacious and bigger in size for many people to camp in but in areas where there are basic facilities already available and there is no potential threat of any danger.
- Folding and unfolding of a Rooftop Tent is another important task to be done by the experienced one in the group.
If you are ever indecisive about whether to get a Rooftop Tent or a Ground Tent, do not be. We would always suggest you to buy a Rooftop Tent and explore what you haven’t explored already. After making the decision, there is no need to be confused about which one to get. All you need to do is simply read our guidelines and instructions and go for it.
Download Our Roof Top Tent Overview (PDF)
In this pdf file, we give you an overview of the most popular rooftop tents. You can download this PDF file for free and use it freely!